Like every industry in Australia, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to changes in the way that all legal matters are dealt with in NSW. Brady and Associates are staying up to date with the changing rules and requirements.
Here’s what you need to know about the latest changes:
- You can still be charged with a criminal or traffic offence in NSW.
- If you are not refused bail your court date will be three months from the date you were charged.
- Your matter will still be brought before the court in NSW; however, this will probably happen electronically instead of in person.
- Your matter may be adjourned for a number of months before your Hearing or Sentence goes ahead.
- You still need to seek legal advice if charged with an offence.
- People held in gaol will appear by way of AVL at court.
Brady and Associates are still open for business and can assist you with any legal matter. During the current COVID-19 lockdown we are temporarily changing our office opening hours, and will now operate from 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM, although we are able to make special arrangements for after-hours appointments where they are needed. We take the health and safety of our staff and clients incredibly seriously and so we have made changes to the way we operate during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- During this time, we are maintaining social distancing measures by offering clients online video conferences instead of face-to-face meetings. You can book an online conference with us here.
- We are also conducting telephone conferences as well which can be booked here.
- We have put systems in place to ensure we are meeting the courts demands for electronic and in person appearances, where they are required.
- We are staying up to date with all changes in the NSW Court System so that we can ensure your matter is dealt with to get the best outcome for you.
Brady and Associates Lawyers also specialise in a number of other areas of law and can assist you with Criminal and Traffic matters, drafting of Wills and Power of Attorney documents, explanation of Loan Documentation, Conveyancing, Probate matters, NCAT matters and Fair Work Commission matters.
We wish our clients and colleagues the best during this time. If we can be of assistance to you in any legal matter, please contact us today. Call us on 9545 3272 or 0410742578, or email us at email@example.com.